A History of TEAM
Here are a few of the highlights from TEAM (Energy Auditing Agency Ltd.) over the last 32 years:
- TEAM Energy strengthens its position with EDW Technology who are experts in developing, implementing and supporting best-in-class retail electricity supply software solutions.
- TEAM welcomes back BT as a software customer.
- TEAM Sigma Cloud is launched, the new home for hosted services providing access to TEAM’s Sigma browser interface and Sigma Energy Viewer.
- Heat Metering for Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) training continues to provide first class training with three successful sessions throughout the year.
- Tenant Billing Service is launched to help multi-site organisations to divide utility costs between tenants.
- The 28th User Group Conference also marked TEAM’s 30th year in business and an Arrive and Drive breakout area which featured the Sigma Energy Viewer. This was introduced to the event for the first time.
- TEAM ‘Online Training Academy’ launched at the 27th TEAM Annual User Group Conference, to provide free video training for Sigma software.
- CRC Software version 3 released.
- Free Sigma Energy Viewer launched following the use of new Agile programming methodology involving beta test customers.
- New Fuel Card Validation Service added to Energy Bureau offering.
- TEAM joins the NHS Shared Business Services (SBS) Framework for Bill Validation and Cost Recovery.
- Free Manual Meter Read App for mobile phones launched.
- New Data Processing Service added to Energy Bureau offering.
- New TEAM Sigma API released.
- Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) ‘Independent Reports on Heat Metering Arrangements’ and RHI grant application service added to growing portfolio of Energy Services.
- TEAM commissioned to undertake all Sainsbury’s RHI work on their large deployment of biomass boilers ground sourced heat pumps etc.
- New Greenhouse Gas Reporting, Project Tracking and Measurement & Verification Modules launched.
- TEAM releases the inexpensive ISO-wiki.com and wiki50001.com frameworks to help consumers comply with these standards.
- CRC Software v2 released.
- Web Dashboard launched for the mass viewing of energy data.
- TEAM announces launch of web browser based version of Sigma software.
- TEAM is the first UK company to launch a complete CRC (Carbon Reduction Commitment) module in response to UK legislation.
- TEAM launches innovative wiki based framework for BS EN 16001 Energy Management Standard.
- Company achieves ISO 9001 and 14001 standards using an innovative Wiki Framework. First time the Lloyds Registry have seen this done.
- TEAM first UK company to launch a DEC (Display Energy Certificate) module and capture a 20% market share in the provision of year one DEC services.
- TEAM move into larger, newly refurbished offices.
- TEAM Bureau helps Ealing Homes recover over £800,000 of incorrect VAT and Climate Change Levy charges.
- With TEAM Bureau’s help, Royal Mail Group saves over £3m through cost recovery following the identification of billing errors.
- TEAM launches SigNet 2, an enhanced web interface for TEAM Bureau customers to view their data.
- New Energy Services Department created to expand its services/consultancy due to customer demand.
TEAM retains status as preferred supplier to the UK Governments (through Office of Government Commerce – Buying Solutions) preferred single supplier for energy bureau and consultancy services for a further 5 years following competition from 13 other organisations in an OJEU process, meaning Public sector customers need not go out to competitive tender.
- TEAM launches SigNet, a web based delivery mechanism for TEAM Bureau customers.
- Following the Schlumberger announcement to sell off its worldwide metering business, the Directors of TEAM buy back the company from Schlumberger and regain independence.
- ‘TEAM Sigma’, the culmination of the large Java software redevelopment, is released.
- The company is acquired by Schlumberger to complement their worldwide meter manufacturing and operations activities and introduce the software worldwide.
- TEAM retains status as the Government’s preferred bureau service provider following a competitive tender for a further 5 years.
- TEAM Bureau develops a billing Query Management System to process bill queries with utilities and successfully signs up Whitbread for Invoice processing and validation services, recovering just short of £100k in a 3-month trial.
- A £1.5m joint Venture with San Diego Gas and Power initiates the process of re-writing TEAM’s software suite in Java, leading to system wide integration and compatibility.
- BT supported by TEAM, receive and process the first utility bills in the UK to be supplied through Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) in a TRADACOM 26v3 format that will become the national standard. TEAM develops the Bulk Bill Checker (BBC) module to automate the processing and checking of utility bills. The first of its type in the UK.
- Following the opening up of the UK electricity market TEAM enhanced the already established tools for tariff analysis to support the analysis of complex tendering launching TEAM Trader in 1997.
- TEAM becomes single preferred public sector supplier under a new Office of Government Commerce framework for Software and Bureau Services and the (Department for Transport Local Government and Regions (DTLR) become the first customer under the framework.
- The deregulation of the 100kw UK electricity market and the growth of building management and metering systems, provides an abundance of “interval” half hourly data for energy management. TEAM AMS (Automatic Monitoring System) is launched.
- The high price of energy and UK Government support for promoting energy management helps TEAM’s “Energy Accounting” software quickly become a market leader.
- TEAM’s first User Group Conference at the World Trade Centre in London (scary!)
- After extensive testing in 4 BT Districts and against competitors, TEAM signs its first corporate deal with British Telecom for the supply of energy management M&T software for the UK Districts.
- The first TEAM M&T software system is purchased by Peter Piper (yes!) at the London Borough of Hounslow.
12th July 1985
- Founded by Managing Director Paul Martin as the Energy Auditing Agency, developing software solutions for energy management. More commonly known as TEAM, which is an acronym of the Targeting, Energy Auditing and Monitoring software that we produced and the name stuck! This is why we are better known as TEAM.