Our Project Managers plan, staff, implement, control and evaluate assigned solution delivery projects and activities. Their aim is to achieve quality, velocity and cost objectives and to ensure project outcomes meet our stakeholder needs.
About the role
- Manage projects and activities throughout the delivery life cycle
- Manage the project scope to ensure that the project or activity includes all the work required to complete the project or activity successfully
- Manage the timely completion of the project or activity
- Ensure that the project or activity is completed within an approved budget through planning, estimation, budgeting, financing, management and control of costs
- Ensure that quality of the outcome of the project or activity
- Organise, manage and lead the human resources assigned to the project or activity
- Ensure the timely and appropriate management of artifacts intended to communicate information about the project or activity
- Conduct appropriate risk management
- Procure products or services from outside the project or activity
- Manage stakeholders through the identification of people and organisations impacted by the project or activity. Including analysing stakeholder expectations and their impact on the project or activity and developing appropriate management strategies for engaging stakeholders in project decisions and execution.
Enable Project Management within Development:
- Contribute to the definition of Development Policy, Standards and Guidelines, particularly related to all Project Management
- Develop and maintain Project Management processes and procedures through process improvement initiatives and definition of best practice
- Define and maintain Project Management artifacts required to ensure product delivery through the development lifecycle
- Assess the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential tools to enable Project Management, identifying new tools where appropriate
- Provide effective communication of Project Management objectives, initiatives and issues.
We’re looking for outgoing, intelligent, pragmatic and hard-working individuals to join us, with:
- A 2:1 or higher degree (STEM and environmental science subjects preferred)
- Enthusiasm for working in the IT or energy sector
- Ambition and a desire to develop a career through training and qualifications
- Must have eligibility to work in the UK on a permanent and unrestricted basis.
Benefits we offer
- Employee Ownership bonus scheme
- 22 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Flexible office and homeworking
- Mental health support programme
- Continued learning and development
- Contributory pension plan
- Healthcare scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Great office location overlooking Teardrop Lakes
- Close to Milton Keynes Central Railway station
- Company social events
Our graduate employment scheme is supported by a structured training programme and offers opportunities for career development.
As an SME we can offer you a greater variety of work and more responsibility than you would see in a larger business. We will support your career progression with both external and on-the-job training enabling you to develop a range of skills and industry knowledge.
We will tailor your graduate training programme to your specific needs and pace, making your early career goals personal to you.
To be considered for this role, you must have eligibility to work in the UK without sponsorship.
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter here. No agencies please.