Our IT Engineers provide a single point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation and application performance.
The role also includes troubleshooting problem areas both on-time and accurately and providing end-user assistance. There is a need to maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries taking ownership of user problems and being proactive when dealing with user issues.
About the role
- Monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service personal computers authorised access to the network
- Diagnose and quickly resolve application, network and equipment issues to help minimise downtime
- Incident management
- Assist users with technical support
- Configuration and proactive monitoring of IT Infrastructure
- Develop technical and specialised knowledge of systems used
- Provide backup support and assistance to the Network Administrator
- Assist in the maintenance of servers, networks and associated equipment.
We’re looking for outgoing, intelligent, pragmatic and hard-working individuals to join us, with:
- Desktop understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, system networking and firewalls as well as Windows server and Active Directory experience
- Able to apply expertise and technology, analysing, problem-solving, learning and researching
- Planning, organising and working to tight deadlines
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations in different situations
- Able to maintain a professional demeanour under stress and to operate within customer standard operating procedures
- Excellent communication, including the ability to present technical ideas and solutions in a business and user-friendly way
- A 2:1 or higher degree (STEM and environmental science subjects preferred)
- Enthusiasm for working in the IT or energy sector
- Ambition and a desire to develop a career through training and qualifications
- Must have eligibility to work in the UK on a permanent and unrestricted basis
Benefits we offer
- Employee Ownership bonus scheme
- 22 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Flexible office and homeworking
- Mental health support programme
- Continued learning and development
- Contributory pension plan
- Healthcare scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Great office location overlooking Teardrop Lakes
- Close to Milton Keynes Central Railway station
- Company social events
Our graduate employment scheme is supported by a structured training programme and offers opportunities for career development.
As an SME we can offer you a greater variety of work and more responsibility than you would see in a larger business. We will support your career progression with both external and on-the-job training enabling you to develop a range of skills and industry knowledge.
We will tailor your graduate training programme to your specific needs and pace, making your early career goals personal to you.
To be considered for this role, you must have eligibility to work in the UK without sponsorship.
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter here. No agencies please.