Who needs a Display Energy Certificate?
Buildings accessed by the public, that receive funding from the public sector, with a floor area of 250 m2 or above are likely to require a valid Display Energy Certificate (DEC) to be in place. A DEC must be accompanied by a valid Recommendation Report which contains recommendations for improved energy efficiency and energy performance of the building. There are slight variances on the requirements depending on the size of the buildings, as detailed below.
Buildings Over 1000 m2
- The DEC is valid for one year and must be renewed annually.
- The Recommendation Report is valid for seven years.
- The DEC and Recommendation Report are both valid for a ten-year period.
To comply with the Energy Performance of Buildings Regulations, valid Display Energy Certificates must be displayed in a prominent location, and the Recommendation Report be available to review upon request. Organisations failing to adhere face a fine of £1,500.
DECs show the energy performance of a building by using an A-G rating system and how the building is performing, compared to the previous two DECs issued. TEAM customers include; Schools, Historic Buildings, Museums, NHS Trusts, Universities, Emergency Services and Local Authorities.
How TEAM can help
Our accredited assessors can provide you with an efficient and cost-effective service to produce DECs for all your applicable buildings. Our service includes the following:
- Assess your estate and confirm which buildings fall under the directive.
- Work with you to collate all required information and data needed for assessment
- Provision of an A3 laminated copy of the DEC for display and an electronic copy of the Recommendation Report.
- Submission of all documents to the governments central register.
How TEAM can help
Our team of CIBSE accredited low carbon energy consultants and Elmhurst accredited energy assessors can:
- Assist implementing energy saving projects that are highlighted in the Recommendation Report
- Provide bespoke advice around cutting energy costs and carbon emissions in your building
- Will give guidance to improve future DEC ratings
Request a free quote
Speak to an accredited energy assessor on 01908 690018