What is a TM44 Air Conditioning System Inspection?
If you have an air conditioning system with a cooling capacity of 12kW or more in your building, you are legally required to have a valid air conditioning inspection report and a certificate in place.
An inspection of the system should take place every 5-years. If you fail to have your air conditioning inspected, you can receive a fine of £300.
Our thorough air conditioning inspection and reporting service is delivered by our team of accredited energy assessors ensuring you remain compliant with the TM44 guidelines.
How can TEAM help?
Our independent air conditioning service includes:
- Visual assessment of your air conditioning system
- Inspection of system components, controls and settings
- Summary of cost-effective improvements and recommendations
- The service is carried out by our accredited energy assessors in compliance with the UK Government regulations.
- It is a legal requirement under the EU Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) to ensure that air conditioning inspections are carried out every 5 years and they are conducted by qualified and accredited air conditioning inspectors
- It is mandatory for all companies operating an ISO14001 certified management system
- Buildings with an air conditioning system over 12kW must have a valid TM44 air conditioning report
- The recommendations part of the report can save money by reducing energy consumption and maintenance cost
- Air conditioning reports help you enhance your company’s green credentials.
- Improve the energy efficiency of your air conditioning systems
- Reduce the carbon emissions produced from running your air conditioning, helping you meet your sustainability and net zero goals
- Maintain compliance with changing regulations and efficiency requirements
- Reduce your system operating costs
- Through the inspection identify faults affecting the efficacy of the units
- Put in place better control settings that meet your operational needs
- Receive expert advice from an accredited energy assessor.
- It is a legal requirement under the EU Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) to renew your air conditioning inspection compliance every 5 years
- Only systems with an output of 12kW are affected by the regulations
- This includes where individual units are less than 12kW, but the combined output across all the units is 12kW or more
- The combined output would include where multiple units within a building are controlled by a single person, so are considered a single air conditioning system
- An air conditioning assessment must be carried out by an accredited energy assessor.
What are the penalties for not having a valid TM44 certificate?
If you do not get your air conditioning inspected every five years, you will be fined a minimum of £300. There will be a further £200 fine every time you fail to provide a copy of the report to an enforcement authority such as a Trading Standard Officer (TSO) within seven days.
Speak to an accredited TM44 consultant
Learn about the benefits of a TM44 inspection and request a free quote by calling 01908 690018