Have you met the ESOS Deadline?
The ESOS deadline has been and gone and you’ve notified the Environment Agency that you wish to have an extension to meet the compliance deadline… Or have you?
According the latest figures, out of the 10,000 companies that meet the requirements for the ESOS legislation; i.e. have more than 250 employees or a turnover of more than 50 million euros and a balance sheet exceeding 43 million euros. 4,000 organisations have confirmed their compliance, with another 2,500 saying they intend to comply by 29th January ESOS deadline.
(Source: Environment Agency).
That is 40% of all qualifying companies.
When you compare this figure to one week before the ESOS deadline when only 1,682 businesses had confirmed their compliance, you can see that this is a vast improvement, but what are the other 3,500 businesses doing?
If you are among the 3,500 that haven’t complied with ESOS yet, did you know that the Environment Agency can issue a basic fine for non-compliance? This would mean your organisation could have to pay a fine of £50,000. Plus… you will be fined a further £500 per day up to a maximum of 80 days. So you could end up paying £90,000 in fines if you do not meet the ESOS legislation in time.
This is not just a box checking exercise…
By complying with the ESOS legislation, you will be able to identify real energy saving opportunities that can result in fiscal savings for your organisation.
TEAM are here to help. Our Energy Services team can provide you with a full ESOS submission before the 29th January 2016 deadline. Ensuring that your business is fully compliant.
Our ESOS certified consultants can assist with:
- Collating data for building, transport and process energy use
- Review of your portfolio to determine the number of energy surveys required
- Carry out energy surveys following BRE guidelines
- Produce survey reports including cost-effective energy efficiency recommendations
- ESOS Assessor review, verification and sign-off
- Preparation of Submission Document and Evidence Pack including sign-off by an accredited ESOS Lead Assessor