Participants of the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) are being audited, the Environment Agency (EA) has revealed.
Since the last compliance deadline, the EA have been working with external contractors to carry out compliance audits of participants ESOS assessments. It has carried out over 200 compliance audits and expect to conduct a further 180 this financial year. A spokesman for the EA said:
The aim of our audits is to ensure that qualifying organisations are complying with the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme Regulations 2014, with the fringe benefit of assisting qualifying organisations to get the most benefit out their ESOS assessments. Below is an analysis of the compliance audits conducted during the 2016/17 financial year.
The spokesman added:
The majority of participants were deemed to be compliant or compliant with remedial actions and indicate a positive level of compliance with the Regulations. However, a small number of participants were classed as non-compliant and were served with an Enforcement Notice requiring them to complete a series of actions to bring their ESOS assessment into compliance. Failure to comply with the conditions of a notice can lead to substantial financial penalties, in line with our Enforcement and Sanctions Guidance.
Need help with your ESOS Assessment?
TEAM can provide you with a full ESOS service. Our expert consultants can assist your organisation with:
- Collating data for building, transport and process energy use
- Review of your portfolio to determine the number of energy surveys required
- Carry out energy surveys following BRE guidelines
- Produce survey reports including cost-effective energy efficiency recommendations
- ESOS Assessor review, verification and sign-off
- Preparation of Submission Document and Evidence Pack including sign-off by an accredited ESOS Lead Assessor
- TEAM’s ESOS Service is available to help you become ESOS compliant and help you identify possible energy savings for your organisation.
Simply call us on 01908 690018 or send us an enquiry through our Contact Us page.