This is an agreement between individual users (‘you’) of the services provided through the web at the domain ‘teamenergy.com’ (‘the TEAM web site’) and Energy Auditing Agency Ltd. of Milton Keynes, United Kingdom (‘TEAM’). These terms and conditions apply exclusively to your use of the TEAM web site and do not alter in any way the terms of any other agreement you may have with TEAM.
Information About Us
This Site is operated by TEAM (EAA Ltd) (“We” or “Us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 1916768 and we have our registered office at 3 Radian Court, Knowlhill, Milton Keynes, MK5 8PJ, United Kingdom.
Our VAT number is GB432 9076 51.
Accessing Our Site
Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our Site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our Site, or our entire Site, to users who have registered with us. If you have an account with us, you shall be provided with a user identification, password and/or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures. You must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms of Site Use. When using our Site, you must comply with the provisions of our Terms of Site Use. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Site through your internet connection are aware of Terms of Site Use, and that they comply with them.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Site, including, without limitation:
- Community Forums/Blogs
- Bulletin boards
- On-Line assistance
(the “Interactive Services”). Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks.
However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our policies.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Site in contravention of our content standards set out under this ‘Terms of Site Use’.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Site (“Contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole. Contributions must:
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights contained within our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our Site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Site must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the materials on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors. If you print off, copy or download any part of our Site in breach of these Terms of Site Use, your right to use our Site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of our Terms of Site Use, through your use of our Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. Failure to comply with our Terms of Site Use shall constitute a material breach, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of our Terms of Site Use. The responses described in our Terms of Site Use are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Reliance on Information Posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our Site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The material displayed on our Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Site, any Websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information About You and Your Visits To Our Site
Uploading Material To Our Site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our Site, or to make contact with other users of our Site, or write on our message boards, you must comply with the Content Standards set out above. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. Any material you upload to our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our Site. We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our Site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the Content Standards set out above.
Linking To Our Site
You may link to our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our Site must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the Content Standards set out above. If you wish to make any use of material on our Site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links From Our Site
Where our Site contains links to other Sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
TEAM Training Courses
Bookings for Training can be made by contacting our TEAM on +44 (0)1908 690018. Please have your credit card or purchase order number ready.
Cancellation of Training
TEAM reserves the right to amend or cancel any Training, Training times, dates or published prices. Changes to Training prices, times and dates will be advised before the Training start date. As a Training may be cancelled up to four weeks prior to its start date, we recommend that delegates do not make travel or accommodation arrangements before this time. Any travel or accommodation costs incurred are entirely the delegate’s responsibility. TEAM does not accept any liability for reimbursement of any costs incurred whatsoever in relation to its Training or events. Where a Training has been cancelled, delegates will be offered an alternative date for the same Training, a credit towards another Training course or a refund.
How to Pay
We accept Visa, Mastercard and Maestro. If paying by purchase order, the invoice will need to be addressed to the booker or delegate’s employer.
Payment must be made before the Training date. Please note that we do not accept payment by cash.
Fees quoted are exclusive of VAT, which will be shown separately on the invoice. A VAT invoice will be sent to cover your payment.
Where a firm booking has been accepted by TEAM and is subsequently cancelled by the customer, the customer will be liable for the following charges. All cancellations must be received in writing.
|Number of weeks before Course date that the cancellation is made||Charge to customer|
|Over 5 weeks||No charge/refund|
|3 – 5 weeks||30% charge|
|3 – 0 weeks||Full charge|
Under the Consumer Protect (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 if you purchase the course as an individual and not as a business, you have a cancellation cooling off period where you can cancel your Training within a period of 14 working days beginning on the day after the day on which the contract is concluded with you as notified by email or postal confirmation from TEAM in accordance with these Terms. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Training in accordance with our refunds policy. After this initial cooling off period the above charges apply.
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using the Website, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, which such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
TEAM aims to ensure that its events are accessible to all. If you have any specific needs, please advise us at the earliest possible time and we will contact you to discuss your requirements.
Venues are sourced and visited ensuring that TEAM standards are met.
Jurisdiction And Applicable Law
The English courts will have the exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our Site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country. These Terms of Site Use and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
We aim to update our Terms of Site Use and other parts of our Site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our Site, please contact email@example.com Thank you for visiting our Site.